Tuesday, September 8, 2009

the beautiful northwest

This is where we went hiking last weekend...aren't you just a wee bit jealous? We are blessed to live just a few hours from Mount Baker, and it is simply gorgeous. (You can join us anytime!)



















On the way up, Max was not happy...oh my goodness. He tried the whole "I'm going to hold my breath and pass out on you" and absolutely refused to enjoy the walk. But after a snooze in the backpack, he woke up a new man...ready to go! It was awesome! While holding my hand, he walked for AN HOUR through rocky terrain, hills, steps, and every obstacle imaginable. He just kept going and going...WOW! We were all quite amazed with his tenacity!































8 comments:

Crystal M. said...

WOW!! We need to come visit you all one day and see all the beautiful places you all go.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

katie said...

Amy, his ears might have bothering him and he wasn't sure how to let you know. I know when I climb up a mountain like that I get quite miserable too. And my behavior may change too.
Glad he was able to take a nap and waked up in a much better humor.

Eva and her 'rents said...

Gorgeous pictures! We are truly blessed to live here!

Amy, Mike and Ben Russo said...

I am jealous!! How amazing to live so close to such beauty. Sending you mommy hugs regarding your previous post too.

Kurby Family said...

Absolutely gorgeous view! I can't believe Max was such a trooper walking so much...what a nature boy! It looks like it was a beautiful, serene day.

Carolyn said...

Simply beautiful. Glad Max woke up in a good mood.
Hugs to Max and Amy,
Carolyn in WV

AZ Chapman said...

nice pics I love the first one

Catherine L said...

utterly beautiful.. would love to visit (?)