Sunday, April 15, 2007

wonderful dental patient

Our last clinic of the day was with Maxwell's new dentist. Because of his heart issues and fragile medical status, Max has to have a "special" dentist.

The dental team was absolutely wonderful! Despite Max being exhausted from his five other clinic appointments, they got him to smile and cooperate with everything. They were extremely kind with both of us. Plus Max got a kick out of the dentist playing peek a boo with his mask! :)

A lot of people with CHARGE have significant dental issues. One issue is discoloration of the teeth based on heavy medications, medical complications, and lack of eating. Max's PCP and I thought we should get him a tooth cleaning done along with his surgery, but the dentist thinks we can hold off for awhile. This will definitely make the anesthesia team happy...they are getting worried too many people are wanting to check out Max while he is under.

Look at how incredibly adorable and cooperative this lil' patient is! :)






13 comments:

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal M. said...

What a big boy!! Good job and I hope you got some rest after that busy day.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Diane said...

Oh, little sweet Maxwwell, you did it again. What a big boy you are and just as adorable as ever. I will think of you my next dentist appointment because I hate them. I will think of what a big boy you were so I will be a big girl. Thanks for being such a sweetheart.

Love,
Diane and Alex

Mary said...

Precious lil' Maxwell -

Since you began life with heart surgery, going to the dentist at 22 months is no big deal for you. You are so brave. I ALWAYS close my eyes as soon as the dentist comes in. Maybe you were watching to make sure that Mommy was there. You know that you will always be safe as long as Mommy is there.

I love both of you,
"Auntie" Mary

Lori said...

Way to go, Max! You look like such a big boy in that dentist's chair-- we are SO PROUD OF YOU!

love,

the Mellos

Unknown said...

i get a special hosp dentist to she is so great to me i will wriggle down her seat most of the time but shell get me up and one time i was wearing soem pants which did it all the time so she said dotn wear themhere again and shes always asking about how im doing with eating and guess wat we r alwasy bumping into to her when i go to ent or to tummy dr its funny and when i had jstoma out we saw her in recoery and she got worried lol

Unknown said...

Max, sweetheart, you are TOO CUTE in that dentist chair. I just want to reach into my computer and pinch those little toes of yours! Adorable...absolutely adorable!

lindsay godsey

Anonymous said...

you look so big sitting in that chair, Max..Momma must be gushing from ear to ear.

Carolyn said...

Max, you make going to the dentist look like a piece of cake. You are a sweetie.
Love & Prayers,
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Oh Max...going to the dentist is such a big deal for me, I just have this irrational fear...but seeing YOU be so brave and good, I guess I am going to have to be a big girl too and just be good when I go!
Hugs
Jaye

Shannon said...

Maxwell. You are so brave. I worked for a dentist years ago and I dont remember anyone sitting still like you do. Way to go buddy. I like the way the light is shining on your face. Its really pretty :)
Shannon :)

Shannon said...

Amy.
Please email me at

ssakmary@hotmail.com

I really want to get your home address (or the scrapbook store address) and send you a little something. (It's related to your purse/makeup) It will be a few weeks, but it'll arrive soon
Shannon in Austin :):)

Unknown said...

Max,
5 days later and i'm still LOVIN' that picture of you in the dentist chair! One of your best so far in my opinion...
Lindsay Godsey