Wednesday, April 18, 2007

just two more days...

until our 20 Hour Scrapbooking Fundraiser for Children's Hospital. :) The team is working like crazy getting everything ready. Thanks everyone! We are hoping, hoping, hoping to reach our goal of $10,000...or maybe more? :) Last year we raised $15,000!

(Unfortunately I have been very distracted because of other issues...sorting out the divorce issues, figuring out what to do, finding ways to pay bills, trying to get financial assistance, etc. Crazy time to say the least. I just keep trying to remind myself that what goes down must come up...eventually. Right? Right? :) But I have been teased by several people recently that my optimism is "cute." Hmmm...maybe they are trying to tell me something! Whatever, something has simply got to work out...it has to. I am really doing my best to not throw a major pity party, but I'll be honest...it's been an extremely tough week.)

Anyway...regardless of all of the recent drama in my life, I want this event to be a SUCCESS. So many people have put a lot of time and effort into the planning, and we all want to give back to the hospital that takes such amazing care of Mighty Max.

Today I am doing a radio interview to share Max's story and explain the importance of Children's Hospital to families in our area. (The Mighty Maxwell Guild is the ONLY guild in Whatcom County.)

We are also hoping the newspaper will run a feature. Max is well known at The Bellingham Herald. When I called in, they said "oh yea, Mighty Max...I've heard of him." How funny is that...we have a lil' celebrity in our midst!

If you wish to make a donation (please do!), please email me at amysmckinley@aol.com, and I will send you the address, tax info, etc. Thanks everyone!

AND if you wish to read some inspiring stories about other special children we will be highlighting at the benefit, please visit our guild's blog.

7 comments:

Crystal M. said...

Good Luck!! I am also working on things for Eva's benefit and I hope in a year to have the Eva Masionis CHARGE Benefit to help families, the hospital, the CHARGE foundation and whatever school she will be going to next year.
Pay it forward they always say!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
PS I agree once you are down you can only go up!!

MountainLaurel said...

Optimism isn't "silly" or "cute;" it's absolutely necessary for us to be aware of the opportunities that are to come. I think that bad luck happens, but good luck is usually the result of hard work and positive thinking.

Unknown said...

Amy, you are something...really. Despite all of the recent financial road blocks in your life, you are continuing to raise money FOR SOMEONE ELSE!!! You are AMAZING. I dont know how you do it! I agree with mountainlaurel. Also, people who see optimism as "cute" are probably the ones who would have given up by now. Keep on truckin along, dear Amy. I cant imagine God not having something GREAT in store for you. Stay positive!

Lindsay Godsey

Dylan and Family said...

Amy~ You are amazing. Here you are in a MAJOR transition in your life which has taken quite a toll and yet you are so motivated to raise funds for others. Children's Hospital means so much to me and the fact that you are working so hard during this time in your life to give back to it, is truely appreciated. Thank you for all that you do.

And I don't think I'd call your optimism "silly". "Survival Mode" might be a better term.

Good luck with the benefit crop.

Kristy

Carolyn said...

Incredible Amy, Good Luck with the Benefit. You are like the Energizer Bunny, you keep going, and going and going. Wish I could be there.
Love & Hugs to you and Max,
Caroly

Miss N Cedie said...

Good Luck Amy! Wish I could be there to help support your cause.

Don't forget, the good that is Max, will always out weigh anything this life can throw at you. He is the best reason for optimism. He is an inspiration to all who take the time to look.

Love Jennifer

Unknown said...

missed you heaps xxxxxxxxxxx