Thursday, March 8, 2007

super cute tongue trick

Maxwell has been super energetic the past few days (he calmed down for the video)...yet has showed random signs of sickness all at the same time. Low grade fever, high respiratory rate, congestion, increased O2 and breathing treatments, and many, many "explosions" in the pants. All of this and still happy go lucky. Hmm, this boy sure knows how to be confusing!

Well despite the weird symptoms, Max learned a few new tricks this week and we just have to show them off! :)

My very favorite is Maxwell learning how to stick out his tongue. His speech therapist and I were literally squealing with delight yesterday during session. It is way, way, way TOO cute! :)

You wouldn't think a tongue would be a big deal, but you would be amazed with the amount of required coordination for eating, drinking and talking. Because of his facial palsy, his tongue tends to lay on the weak side. So we are trying different games and techniques to get Max to use it effectively in the center of his mouth. What is funny about Max's new trick is that sometimes he simply opens his mouth but doesn't stick out his tongue...yet he thinks he is doing his "trick." Very funny!

Enjoy the video! (Right after the video, Maxwell vomited in the tub...aren't you glad I stopped recording when I did?)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy you are incredible..One of my heroes...Don't ever lose the passion you hold now..

Maxwell, continue to let your let shine. So many have been drawn to you by your sweet spirit.

Carolyn said...

Max, you sure can tell you love your bath time. You are one awesome little boy.
Hugs to you and mommy.
Carolyn

libbysmom said...

I'm so far behind on my Maxwell Updates ... I've been reading for a while today (and watching videos) and am blown away by what he's accomplished in just the last few weeks! You continue to amaze little man! Love, love the tongue trick, but I think your kisses are even cuter ;-)

I hope he's not getting sick and that whatever's bothering his system doesn't last long. Keep up the good work, Max, and keep the videos coming!
Love,
Paula & Libby

Unknown said...

oh max i think its rude sometimes but u can do it for me any day lol

Crystal M. said...

Cute as alway Max!! It funny mommy was telling you to stick your tongue out and here I am sticking mine out like you can see me...LOL!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Unknown said...

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about ya'll. Hope all is going well...

Lindsay Godsey

~Kimberly said...

I love the tongue! I'm so happy he finally showed off for the camera!

Kim