Sunday, March 11, 2007

out for a drive with dylan

Mommy and I met Dylan, Jonah and their mommy (Kristy) at the mall this weekend. Kristy was excited to see me walk (and we were more than happy to show off)...and I certainly didn't let her down! I walked and walked...and walked some more.

And of course we got lots of attention from the mall crowd too. (Is it bad that one of the GAP employees came out to say "hi" and that she missed seeing us in the store? That might be a sign that Mommy shops just a wee bit too much for me!)

Everyone was very impressed with my determination! It was really fun when I ran into (literally) an older man who was also using a walker. Mom and Kristy thought it was super cute seeing the two of us together...the old and the young both determined to be mobile and independent!

We took a break from walking for a drive in a cool red convertible. (Mommy has been wanting to try this with me for awhile but was fearful of the germs. So she brought along some Purell wipes and kept us and the car very clean! Let's hope she did a good job! We have been breaking the "isolation" rule some recently and just keeping our fingers crossed that we're not pushing our luck!)

My friend Dylan showed me how to turn on the car and use the stereo. He is soooo cool...I love learning from him! He even danced with the music, he has quite the moves! Mom was laughing so hard that she didn't get a chance to take a photo! But check out Dylan's blog for his latest dance moves...super cute!


Hey Dylan, where do you think we should go?













Whoa there dude, not a good time for kisses while I'm driving. Gotta keep my eyes on the road.











Sorry buddy, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings...I just want to focus on my driving.

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

Two "super dude's" out for a drive. I absolutely love the pictures. So glad you all got together for fun time. Jonah will be wanting to ride the next time.

You boys have super moms, Amy and Kristy.

Have fun at school tomorrow.
Love & Prayers,
Carolyn in WV

Mary said...

Maxwell, How cool are you! You know just how to hold those little hands on the steering wheel and to keep on holding. The next time you come to WV maybe we can go cruzin in my convertible.

Love you,
"Auntie" Mary

Crystal M. said...

You and Dylan are both super cute!! That is also so cute about you and the old man, that had to be a priceless moment...LOL! Eva's greatgrandma has a walker so it would be cute to see them together when Eva gets her walker.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Diane said...

Two cute and precious boys just a cruzin in their red convertibles. How cool is that. Again at the mall. Wow, you sure do go shopping a lot. I need to come and visit you. That is right up my alley.

Keep on having fun. Love you bunches.

Luv,
Diane and Alex
Charleston, WV

Suzanne Holman said...

It is wonderful to see those two guys in that convertible!

They've both come a long way since the Children's Hospital days.

When I think of how Dylan looked after his heart surgery and all that Max has gone through, this is quite a time for celebration!!! Yahoo!

Love from Max's Grammy

Anonymous said...

I told ya it wouldn't be long before you two guys would be out cruzin' for chicks. Way to go guys!

Unknown said...

i love ur pics xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx now if dylan could teach soem of the people on oru roads to concentrate ill have him any day with you and his mum

libbysmom said...

These are some of the cutest pictures yet. So great to see Max interacting with his buddies like a big boy! I bet these two little guys drew quite a crowd in their hot little red sports car ;-)

Lori said...

Oh, I think I'm in LOVE with two cute guys that I just saw in a miniature red convertible!!! (Don't tell my husband!)
:-) Lori

Dylan and Family said...

Max and Amy,

We had SO MUCH FUN with you at the mall and hope to go again soon. I have to admit that it was very impressive how much and how far Max walked. And to think that he didn't want to stop when we had to go.

Thanks again for sharing that experience with us. We missed you yesterday and hope you feel better soon.

Love ya.

Kristy