Max is going to stay home from school again today...and we have cancelled our Friday appointments at Children's. Inhalers are helping and his mood is fairly good. So all in all, we are handling this bug just fine.
I'm not as good of a sport however. :) The low energy, aches, fever just are not easy when you have lots to do. If only Max would comfort me like I comfort him! :)
This bug really settled in nicely to Max's lungs, throat, etc. And since his fever (low grade) continued, his doctor insisted we come in. Anyone with chronic medical conditions showing *any* flu symptoms is being treated very carefully.
Right now they started him on more antibiotics for an ear infection (very common in CHARGEland) and waiting to see about the other symptoms. We are doing routine inhalers and that seems to be helping quite a bit. We are doing our best to avoid the dreaded steroids...yikes.
Most importantly, he is in a great mood and starting to eat again. So I am really encouraged and think he might be ready to face the world again...very soon!