Sunday, March 8, 2009

miracle max is standing AND walking!

It's only appropriate that I post about Max's latest miraculous development on this Sunday morning...soon we will head to church and we can truly praise Him for all that he has done with Maxwell!

MAX IS STANDING...and WALKING! Yep, he is standing and walking independently and it is AWESOME! He is so enjoying this new freedom...and I think he is also quite surprised by it too! Sometimes he will stand still for a moment and he'll just look at me like "Mommy, look at me...can you believe it? I'm standing!!!"

This has been extremely exciting for all of us! Right now as I type this, Max is watching his "Signing Time" video. He will walk over to me (a few feet away) and show me each sign that they are doing. How cool is that? Once I acknowledge the sign, he is pleased and returns to the video. So fun!

Right now, he only walks in home environments where there are things he can hold on to and "bounce" off. And there are many, many, many falls when he misjudges space or loses balance. I think yesterday he must have fallen at least 50 times! So I know this is a milestone "in progress" and it will be some time before he is truly walking independently, but just a room length right now fills me with incredible pride and joy!!! He has been doing this for about two weeks and it still shocks me!

GO MAX GO! You are truly a miracle lil' man!

(I'll try and get a video asap. I keep trying but he has fallen each time and it's not pretty!)

17 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow!!! Go Max go!! That's awesome.

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Way to go, Max!!! We are SO excited for you and your mommy!

Thank you for the beautiful card you sent Katie. She loves to trace the heart, X, and O, and "count" them! She's into counting everything right now! :-)

Sending you some hugs back!

Leslie & Katie

Carolyn said...

WooHoo Mighty Max !! I'm thrilled for you and your Incredible Mommy. I knew you would do it in your own time.
Love,
Carolyn in WV

Crystal M. said...

Great job Max!! We are so proud of you.
We love you,
Crystal and Eva

Christy said...

That is truly fantastic news! What an awesome little man you have there!

shawn said...

You guys are a fabulous team!!!!

Eva and her 'rents said...

Woo hoo!!!! That's WONDERFUL and EXCITING! Go, Max, go!

Suzanne Holman said...

Yay Maxwell!
Your Grammy is so proud of all your accomplishments.
How wonderful to have this great way to get around!!!
Big hugs to you from Grammy

Heather said...

Friggin Awesome!

Shannon said...

Max,
You amaze me! Way to go! I am so thrilled for you and your momma!
Chants:
We want vid-eo!
We want vid-eo!
Kisses to you,
Shannon in Austin

Sandi said...

Oh my goodness! We are so excited for ya. You are going to be the most handsome boy walkin' around the neighborhood.

Sarah said...

Way to go Max!
God Bless,
Brian, Sarah, and Caleb Hlebiczki

~Kimberly said...

Woo hoo! Go Maxwell! That is so exciting, Amy. I can't wait to see it.

Kim

hannah m said...

Oh, Sweet Max!!!!!! You are SO awesome and hard working and we celebrate this exciting milestone with you, sweetheart!

Amy, I have tears in my eyes from reading your post - happy, proud and heartwarming tears! Your hard work and dedication to your son, combined with his stick-to-it-ive-ness and effort are so inspiring!

Lots of love and happy steps (just in time for Spring!)!

Jujube said...

yay! it will soon get so much harder to keep up with him!

Unknown said...

well all i can say is this boy is stronger than drs let on istn he i remember ur first postings failiure to thrive complex heart all that now look at oru little one i just love him and you i just wish bill was his dad form the start and id like him to know xxxx

skeybunny said...

Yeah Max--that is great news :)