Monday, February 18, 2008

"how to ask for a cookie" by maxwell

Ok boys and girls, you know those yummy lil' cookies we just love, love, love? Well, I am going to give you a step by step tutorial on how to "properly" ask for a cookie. Watch and learn my friends, watch and learn...


1) Get the grown-up's attention.

I enjoy a cookie while in the car...that has become a fun routine for us. So for me, I grunt/whine until my mommy turns around. Then I point to the cookies. Notice the finger pointing AND my sweet smile. (Remember kids, smiles work wonders!)







2) Politely communicate what you want.

This is me signing "cookie." (I like to use one finger instead of the traditional cookie shape sign.)















3) Remember I said to ask politely.

I like to do a double handed "please"...perhaps because I am super duper sweet? :)















4) Enjoy your treasured cookie immensely!

This is also a good time to say "thank you" but I haven't mastered that yet. My thank you is the joy on my face!

12 comments:

Jen said...

I would definately give you a cookie Max! Very cute pictures.

Samantha Seholm said...

Max you are so cute. I would give you lots and lots of cookies, who could say no to you:)

Crystal M. said...

That is great!!! Keep it up Max you are awsome!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

skeybunny said...

Who wouldn't give you a cookie? That is great Max!

Hugs,
Sarah, Jeremy, and Evan

Melissa said...

Thank you so much Max for sharing your amazing lesson of how to get a cookie Between you and me, with that sweet face I'd give you 10 cookies and a smooch!

kimee said...

so freakin adorable. love it. by the way, happy late birthday miss amy. hope you had a fabulous day.

Diane said...

You are absolutely the
cutest little boy on the face of the earth!! I love you, love you and love you.

Love and Kisses,
Diane and Alexandra

Mary said...

Oh, Maxwell, I love you so much! I would even make homemade cookies for you. That rarely happens but I would gladly do it for you.

Unknown said...

Every Sunday, I read postsecret.com there are new posts every week....the premise is that you post a secret that you've never told before...and this week, there was a postcard with hands signing on it...and the 'secret' was "I wish everyone could sign". And I got to thinking...every language has thousands and thousands who can speak it...whole countries...towns...villages...but those who are hearing impaired do not have that large network...and that made me sad..
So I am going to learn....I taught my children 'baby sign language' when they were little..but once they could talk, we stopped..I now realize that was selfish of me!
So in time Max, there will be ONE more person who will be able to understand you...
Thanks for inspiring me!
Jaye

Unknown said...

wonderful

Gretchen said...

Ummm..or maybe the double please is because you really, REALLY want that cookie!

Go Max!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

That is the most adorable thing ever (but I feel like I say that about every picture/accomplishment! LOL). Thanks for the smile today!