Monday, May 14, 2007

health issue or simply a "mama's boy"?

All is well (relatively speaking) here in Arizona. The first few days Maxwell did great, but the last two have been crazy...and we have no idea why.

He will not let me leave his side for even a minute (literally) or he immediately cries like crazy. Plus he has been feeling a bit like a wet noodle...not like the usual strong boy that he is. We have kept him out of the heat and kept him very well hydrated, just in case.

So needless to say, sleep has been at a minimum and I am quite exhausted. My mom has been great about trying to help, but he refuses to be with anyone except in my arms. I am hoping, hoping, hoping this is just a typical child "thing" and isn't signaling any oncoming health issue. You just never know.

We took any early bath together and he fell asleep in my arms, so at least he is comfortable right now. Keeping my fingers crossed for tonight. But post importantly I will be praying for sweet Caleb. Please do the same...thank you.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy,

Prayers for Max and Caleb coming your way! See you on Saturday.

Love,
Rebecca
Mom to Cameron and Nathan

Anonymous said...

Hugs and prayers. Love you

Unknown said...

maybe hes worried bout cZALeb

Carolyn said...

I'm praying it isn't a health issue and just want to be mama's boy. Max knows that it is different surroundings and that may be some of it.
Prayers for Max and Caleb !!
Carolyn in WV

Crystal M. said...

I think most of it is that he is not at home. I will pray for him that, that is all thats wrong. Eva can be pretty cliggy too sometimes.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Mary said...

Amy,

You are the one constant in Maxwell's life. He knows that he is safe if you are there. I think he is clinging to you because it makes him feel more secure since he is in a strange place.

I am anxious to see his new haircut.

Diane said...

He just feels safe with you. I know my girls didn't like being away from home so they pretty much stayed on my lap or near me at all times. Same with Maxwell, right Max? Anyway, prayers are with you and all the little ones that need our special love.

Love and Prayers,
Diane and Alex

Sandi said...

Prayers for all of you! Safe travels and I hope you have enough energy left to enjoy your grandma.
-Tommy's mom