Sunday, April 22, 2007

103

Yep, that is Max's temperature today. :(

His cold has turned for the worse...and he had a very rough night. Extreme congestion, respiratory difficulty (rate of 80s when sleeping) and fever. But what a trooper...he woke up and was ready to have a fun day with Mommy. (Check out the post with him saying "ball.")

His fever continued throughout the day (despite lots of Tylenol and Ibuprofen), which worries me. He was on antiobiotics for this entire month and each time he went off for a day, he got sick again. It's amazing how some drugs just don't do it for him.

Luckily we already have a doctor's appointment for the morning. We were in last week for his synergist shot (for RSV) and I wanted an appointment for Monday to determine if would be eligible for surgery. Well we certainly know that answer now.

It's odd though...I actually knew last week something didn't feel right about surgery right now and my instinct has always been really accurate for surgery prognosis.

I am hoping, hoping that Max feels better in the morning but I have a feeling he is going to need some stronger drugs.

14 comments:

Diane said...

Oh, I hate to hear that. Me and you just can't get well, can we. Love and Hugs and a big huge get well kiss to you.

Love,
Diane

Anonymous said...

I hope the guild went well this weekend. I hope and pray that Maxwell gets better quickly. I loved the video. He's making amazing progress.

Carolyn said...

Hope you start feeling better soon.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Good luck, little buddy. You're in our prayers.

Crystal M. said...

I hope you feel better soon little man!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Pearl said...

Sure hope you're feeling better soon, Max!!

Christy said...

Praying that Mighty Max starts feeling better soon! Fevers are definitely no fun for sweet boys or mommies!

CorrieYoung said...

Praying for you to get better soon Max. What is it w/ all our little guys getting sick NOW? It's Spring, this stuff is supposed to be going away!!!!!

Hope you're feeling better today. Yay on the talking!!!!!. From a mom w/ a non-verbal 10 yr CHARGEr, I am SO impressed:)

Love from MO,
Corrie

Sarah said...

I hope you are both feeling better soon!!! I know how scary it is regarding SATs, Caleb's have been dropping too while he sleeps. They have put oxygen on to help him too. Maxwell get better buddy!!!
Love,
Brian, Sarah, and Caleb

Moriah Bettencourt said...

I'm hoping that Mr. Max is feeling better by now :)

Unknown said...

doehoping doesnt mean hosp

Unknown said...

Looking forward to an update. I start to worry when you dont post. Hope everything is allright.

Lindsay Godsey

Miss N Cedie said...

Worrying about you guys.... Hope everything is ok with Mighty Max and you, Amy.

Love Jennifer

Unknown said...

I, too, am hoping everything is ok with Max. Feel better soon little buddy!