Monday, October 6, 2014

medications

I have been researching the idea of medications for Max to help with some of his OCD and anxiety issues. He has always had them to some degree but they seem to be intensifying and interrupting his life more and more.

We have been doing ABA for 10-20 hours per week, which includes several behavior programs. Now it seems like it might be time for additional support.

Today was our first meeting with the doctor, and on Wednesday he meets with Max. My friend came with me to share his observations too, which was really helpful.

While I was hesitant this summer, I am now convinced I want to try this and see what happens. If the medication could provide some relief...some calmness...to my little boy's brain and body, I would be so relieved, excited...to the moon joyful!

No comments: