Thursday, February 21, 2013

"will he ever...?"

Faced with the frequent question of "will he ever....?" by Max's bus driver (who we love and she simply was being curious) this morning...it's been a long time in the making but I have finally gotten to the point of not completely breaking down when the answer is "I just don't know."

The issue was Max not communicating about feeling sick/being in pain....that lack of communication about something so basic is truly heartbreaking. I have been miserably sick all week and it makes me so sad that when Max feels this way, he doesn't communicate what he feels/needs/wants. How can I help him feel better when I don't know what he needs? We snuggled and prayed together this morning about helping me better understand him...and we had such a connection. Perhaps that is all we can do...be patient and in the moment with one another.

No comments: