Tuesday, June 5, 2007

"momma, momma"

WOW, WOW, WOW! :)

We still have a long way to go (I know, I know) but we have some very exciting news about some recent verbal progress!!!

For the past few weeks, Max has learned to sign and speak "momma." THIS IS HUGE!!! However, he only will sign it when prompted by us (during therapy sessions usually) and only speaks it when he is hugging me (perfect timing). To others, it may sound like babble but if you really know Max, you can understand.

He hasn't used it *yet* to truly call out to me and/or get my attention. (We have been working with our therapists on this for months...with a goal of purposeful communication.)

BUT this weekend when he was in my backpack, I was dancing and hopping to make him laugh and he grabbed my shoulders, giggled and called out "momma, momma!" It was AWESOME!!! :)

Yep, my guy is on a roll...and it is pretty darn exciting! He makes me sooooo very proud!

13 comments:

~Kimberly said...

YIPPEE!!!!

Kim

Unknown said...

all us who know u and max r soo lucky i reckon coz u two r truly the best hugs

Carolyn said...

WOW Max, can you hear me cheering for you and your incredible mommy !! Yep, you are on a roll little guy and just keep it up.
Hugs to both of you !!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

How sweet!!!

Keep up all the great work, Max--you are incredible!

Love,
Leslie and Katie

Diane said...

WOW Max, you brought tears to my eyes. Hope I can finish typing this without too many mistakes. I know your momma cried too. What a big boy you are. You are momma sure do have some good times together. This is so exciting. Wow, talking, wow!!!

Love,
Diane and Alex

Crystal M. said...

That is so sweet!!! Way to go Max!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Unknown said...

I bet those two little words uttered by Max made your year! What a wonderful gift!
Hugs
Jaye

Mike said...

Wow, that's awesome! A HUGE positive development :) In a few years, you won't be able to keep him quiet!

Mary said...

Oh, Amy! How amazing! I know there were times when you wondered if you would ever hear Maxwell say your name. Mommy is the most beautiful word in the world.

Now, remember to take a day at a time and don't cross bridges before you get to them.

Love you two!

Amy, Mike and Ben Russo said...

What a big WOW!! I'm sure the sound of Max's sweet voice calling momma melts your heart.

Anonymous said...

sweet music to momma's ears and eyes..yahoo max

love ya little man

CorrieYoung said...

Oh Max,

Must be music of the best kind to Mamma's ears! You are amazing!!

Love from MO,
Corrie

Miss N Cedie said...

Way to go Max! I wish I could have heard Cedie say "momma".

Anyway, I am so impressed with all the progress you have made in the past5 few months. I know your mom is so very proud of you too!

Love Jennifer Mock