Wednesday, May 9, 2007

adventure to arizona

Tomorrow we are heading to Arizona to see my mom "Grammy" and grandmother "Gram." Gram isn't doing too well lately and is now in a nursing care facility. I haven't been able to see her for several years with all that has been going on...and of course Max has yet to meet his wonderful great grandmother. I have sent her a gazillion photos, but now she finally can meet the famous Mighty Max in person and be entertained with all his silly antics! I am hoping he brings a lot of cheer to her and everyone else! :)

My mom made these arrangements for us a few months ago...and what perfect timing it turned out to be. I know the trip won't be easy logistically (anyone remember the crazy plane stories from our flight last summer?) and emotionally (Gram has changed considerably), but I am looking forward to spending time with family and getting away from some of our worries for a few days. (Any one have any tricks to turn off that "worry" part in our brain too???) And we will be able to take advantage of the swimming pool for Maxwell's physical therapy. Hoping he enjoys that!

And of course I am VERY excited about showing off all his latest tricks. It seems like everyday he is doing something new and improved! Mom just was here a few months ago, but she is going to be blown away with all of his progress. :)

I am hoping this adventure goes fairly smoothly. A lot of work goes into planning any overnight trip with this kiddo. I have all the extra equipment ordered and picked up (yet to be packed...yikes!), his medical documents secured, and special travel arrangements made, etc. The pulmonogist and I have talked several times about the need for O2 on his trip and we were hoping he could go a few days without it. But I just don't think he will be able to (sats on room air are questionable at night), so I am making those arrangements in the morning. I am hoping, hoping, hoping his nights are easier on the trip than they have been recently. The last two nights we didn't have nursing and I am really tired.

Oh and yes, I am bringing his walker too...what a sight we will be getting on the plane! But how super cute will Maxwell be walking down the halls of my grandmother's care center? Maybe he will find someone to race? :)

I will try and post some photos from AZ...perhaps of Max in action with his walker!


* Thanks again everyone for your loving emails, cards and phone calls these past few weeks. I know I haven't been good at posting updates or returning messages, and I am sorry. Please know that your concern and support is greatly appreciated, and we feel very blessed to have such an amazing group of "cheerleaders." :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you mite not b good at posting but who would expect u to b just post often enough for me not to worry hes not in hosp and ill b happy LOL love uheaps

Crystal M. said...

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your time. Can't wait to see pictures when you return.
Hugs and love,
Crystal and Eva

Unknown said...

Enjoy the sun...and the love of family and friends...
If you DO find a way to turn off the worry button in your brain you will make a million dollars!

Have a wonderful trip!
Jaye

Gina said...

I don't know if you'd read this if you're already gone but I live in the Phoenix area. If you end up needing anything, please email me to let me know. I'll do anything to help out Max and you out!

Gina

Anonymous said...

i will miss you guys..hope you have fun and enjoy your trip.